Monday, August 31, 2009

The Face Shop Eye Brow Essence (also known as eyelashes serum)

Overall rating: 9/10

Packaging rating:8/10

Price rating:9/10

The claim:



Keratin and botanical proteins and extracts penetrates the skin to nourish lashes → Keeps lashes healthy and radiant Apply over lashes before going to bed

Reviews: The essence,despite its name ''Face Shop Eye Brow Essence'' dont be fooled by its name.
Its actually can be used on eye lashes as well sparse eye brow. :P


Not bad huh a 2 in 1 product just for rm 19.90? It does its job by strengthening the lashes,thickens them and curl them.Its said in the advertisements that I can get longer lashes as well.But I didnt see any enlongated lashes here. Maybe its because yours truly already long-never ending lashes on her own :p


But I did realise that my weaken lashes due to excessive use of volumising,lengthen mascaras,combing and seperate lashes with lash combs as well as eye lashes curler .All these lashes ''styling'' does make my lashes weaker.
Also I find out that if mascara not being removed throughly,lashes fall off like crazy is immenient.


For this,however using a eye&lip make up remover can addressed this concern.
This essence didnt sting my eyes if the product gets into my eye ,which is a bonus point.As I have pointed out earlier,the essence help to strengthen my weaken lashes and later thickens them-naturally when no lashes falls,that means i will have thicker lashes with more volume.


With frequent use,it does help to curl my lashes in a bit,about 180 degree by lifing my lashes upwards.


Before putting on mascara,or even mascara base,apply this essence first on both upper and lower lashes.Then continue with mascara base/primer and mascara


IF using an eyelashes curler,then use this essence before using eye lashes curler followed by mascara base/primer and lastly mascara.


The only complaint I have with this product is its wand applicator.How I wish Face Shop will come up with a softer,and more flexible wand applicator cos the current ones are too ''stiff''.Apart from that Im totally ok with the packaging as its compactly chic sitting on my dresser


Its available in Face Shop outler in major shopping malls accross the country.Rm 19.90 for a tube,which can lasts u for 3-6 months even with daily use.U need a very small amount to apply on lashes.U definately need less than 1 drop of essence to apply on upper and lower lashes for both eye.
But for hygiene purpose ,its recomended that u use one serum no more than 3 months.


This yellow-like liquid look trasparent (colorless) on lashes upon application.Just a coat is needed for twice a day application,once in the morning and once @ night and say hello gorgeous lashes and farewell to sparse-looking lashes


Application method: Twist open the applicator.Apply the essence on ur upper lashes first then on lower lashes.Repeat on the side for the other eye.Apply from roots to tip,just like how u would apply a mascara

Repurchase: Yes,but I wont say no to other eye lashes serum :D

No comments:

Post a Comment